Importance of the Contents of a CV
When we talk about the career of a person, there first comes the CV of the person. We all know about a CV and in the previous blog, we learned about the contents that are generally used in a CV. When we know something, we also should know the importance of the thing. It completes our learning, at the same time, it adds value of the learning. So, in this blog, we will learn about the importance of the contents that are used in a CV.
- Mailing Address: Mailing address is the address of a person through which, an employer can communicate the person both verbally and written. The mailing address is placed at the top of the CV. This part is very important for a smooth communication. The address or the communication details used in this part, should be detailed and specific.
- Career Objective: Every person has a dream about his/her career and s/he follows a work plan based on that dream. In fact, a person is also passionate to a particular field of job. The dream and the passion for the particular job should be portrayed in this part of the CV. If a person is passionate to a thing, s/he definitely gives her/his full effort to the thing. If the passion of a person is portrayed on the career objective of the CV, it will make the employer think that no person is more suitable than this person. So, career objective is also an important part of a CV.
- Educational Background: Education is the key to apply for a job. This one is the very mandatory part of a CV. Because this section of the CV allows a person to apply for a job.
- Achievements: This part of a CV also plays an important role. A person may achieve lots of achievements in her/his life and some of them may be very related to the job s/he is applying for. This content shows the efficiency of the person and that’s why this content is also very important.
- Extra-curricular Activities: Study makes a person to acquire knowledge and extra-curricular activities develop the skills of the person. These activities develop the speaking skill, leadership skill, makes a good team member, increase the power of making a decision and so no. If a person uses the references of the extra-curricular activities in her/his CV, without any doubt, an employer will consider the person as a well-skilled person and a skilled person can never be neglected to be considered for a position. As a result, the content of a CV claims a great importance.
- Training & Workshops: A person participate and joins in different training and workshops in different times of her/her life. Training and workshops sharpen the skills of a person. When a person uses the references of the training and workshops, it says that his skill and knowledge on that area is very well. So, we cannot ignore the importance of this content of a CV.
- Language Proficiency: Language is one and only medium of communication. We generally use two languages: mother tongue and English. Through this content of a CV, a person demonstrates her/his skill/proficiency on the different languages. If an employer finds that a person has an excellent proficiency over different languages, it must give that person to get more importance than the others.
- Software Skills: Being skilled in different software usage, adds a feather in the crown of a person. Now a days, different companies use different types software, but in most cases some common software are used. If a person knows the usage of these software and portray her/his skill on the CV, makes the CV more granted.
- Interests: When it comes to the point of selection of a CV from a lot of them, the thing that may vary is the “personality” of the person. This content of a CV can play a role to present a person’s personality. If a person is expressive, it definitely will help the person to get attention among plenty of people.
- Personal Details: From the title of the content, we can guess the importance of this content. As this part of a CV holds the personal details of the person, this part also should be given more importance.
- Reference: We know that when we drop a CV, the employer gets to know about me from the CV and the social media that we share in the CV. But often this is not enough. At that time, reference plays a very important role. There should have 2 (two) references in a CV. One is personal contact and another is professional contact. References are used on a CV so that an employer can know about a person contacting the referred personnel. As a result, this part of the CV is pretty much important.
- Signature: This is also an important and mandatory part of a CV. We cannot ignore it anyway, because without a signature, a CV is incomplete.
There are some other contents of a CV that I mentioned in the previous blog, like – experience. This part is important for those people who are experienced. But it is not important neither mandatory for the freshers or who does not have working experiences. At the same time, when we put information in these contents, we should be careful about the information of the contents. Unnecessary or exaggerative information must not be used in the CV. It may bring a negative impact in the end.
Instructor of English
Daffodil Polytechnic Institute
Email: [email protected]